Fractionated cutaneous smoothing (Laser CO2 MiXto SX®) is a revolutionary technique that enables the skin to be kept smooth and young, painlessly and with only brief social exclusion.
A single treatment will show significant improvement of the texture of the skin and the complexion, while reducing wrinkles at the same time.
The laser Mixto SX® treatment allows the skin to be embellished, rejuvenated, renewed, smoothed and illuminated.
The CO2 is a carbon gas laser. It has been used in aesthetic medicine for more than 25 years for skin treatments such as fine lines and deep wrinkles, various kinds of scars, unsightly pigmentations and dilated pores.
When a beam of CO2 light makes contact with the skin, it immediately heats, vaporises and eliminates the upper layers of the skin, the scars and the wrinkles, while smoothing the surface. This remodelling appears with the formation of a new epidermis and increased collagen production.
The Mixto SX® laser delivers, on an area of skin, tiny beams of luminous energy towards the upper and intermediary layers of the skin.
During the first consultation, the doctor develops a treatment plan, according to the patient’s skin and his or her requests. Exposure to the rays of the sun and sun beds are prohibited during the period of treatment, as well as during the month before and the month after it.
Usually, a single treatment produces satisfactory results. If necessary, a second treatment can be scheduled eight weeks after the first. Depending on the constraints relating to each patient, the laser can also be used, in several sessions on the skin’s surface, in such a way that the treatment is less invasive and spread out over time.
Areas Concerned, Indications and Contraindications
Micro Fractionated laser treatment is traditionally used to treat:
- • The face;
- • The neck;
- • The low neckline;
- • The hands.
Depending on the area concerned, the effects are the following:
At the level of the face and the neck:
- • Smoothing of the facial skin in order to bring a truly lustrous effect:
- • Reduction of fine lines;
- • Correction of dilated pores with a firming-up of the skin;
- • Correction of a dull complexion;
- • Correction of brown spots, sunspots, and so on;
- • Suppression of veins and dilated capillary vessels.
At the level of the hands and the low neckline:
- • Rejuvenation by the elimination of brown spots;
- • Lessening of fine lines;
- • Firming-up of the skin.
- • Known hypersensitivity to light;
- • Taking medication that boosts sensitivity to light;
- • Taking isotretinoin (Roaccutane) capsules during the last six months;
- • Tanned skin;
- • Pregnancy;
- • History of hypertrophic scarring.